STAY & CRUISE:
With a pre-cruise 2-night hotel stay + excursion
ENJOY VENICE AND ATHENS
Plan your 2022 Summer cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean departing from Venice (Marghera), Monfalcone (Venice), Trieste (Venice) or Piraeus (Athens) and turn your 7-night cruise into an unforgettable 9-night holiday experience, by discovering Venice or Athens at the best!
Select your itinerary from the list below and then select the “Stay and Cruise” offer.
- 4-star hotel accommodation for 2-nights + breakfast*
- 1 excursion with private guide*
- MSC Staff on hand at the hotel to provide top tips and useful information
- Transfer from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day
- 7-night cruise
*additional info available at the bottom of the page
The Stay & Cruise fare offers accommodations (bed and breakfast) as follow:
- MSC Armonia, MSC Sinfonia and MSC Fantasia guests will be accommodated in Venice/Mestre, in the Hotel Plaza or alternatively in the Hotel Leonardo.
- MSC Musica guests will be accommodated in Venice/Mestre, in the Hotel Michelangelo or alternatively in the Hotel President.
- MSC Lirica guests will be accommodated in Athens, in the Hotel Stanley, or alternatively in the Hotel Port Square.
Which is the excursion included?
- Excursion in Venice (MSC Armonia, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Musica and MSC Fantasia):
90 minutes walk tour into the heart of Venice (no entrances). After about 25 minutes of panoramic boat transfer along the Giudecca Canal, guests will start their walk around San Marco, the Venice’s most famous square. With some hints to the history of Venice, , they will admire the Marciana Library and the Loggetta del Sansovino, the imposing bell tower of San Marco, the Clock Tower with its bronze Moors, the two wings that embrace the square as well as the San Marco’s Basilica in its magnificence. Next to it, they will see the Doge's Palace, one of the architectural masterpieces of the Venetians. Next to the Palace, they will find the renowned Ponte Dei Sospiri (“Bridge of Sighs”). The guide will lead them through the famous Venetian streets to the Grand Canal with a splendid view of the Rialto Bridge. Guests will then enjoy free time.
Good to know: MSC Cruises is pleased to offer a free “Chorus Pass” to all MSC Stay and Cruises guests to allow them to visit a selection of churches in Venice, while supporting the restoration and maintenance of these masterpieces.
- Excursion in Athens (MSC Lirica guests):
The tour will allow you to visit the Acropolis, and Plaka District, and will provide a city orientation. On leaving the hotel, guests will commence their city orientation which will take them to some of the city’s most important sites, such as the Constitution Square, the Monument of the Unknown Soldier, the Temple of Zeus, the Royal Palace, and the old Marble Olympic stadium ending at the awesome Acropolis site on which is the Parthenon, the symbol of classical architecture. After visiting this remarkable site they will proceed to the famous and historic Plaka district to explore its predominately pedestrian streets with picturesque houses, shops, and cafes. Their walking tour in this famous neighborhood will include also a taste of a delicious Greek souvlaki wrap. Group transport, guiding, and entrance fees are included.