Travel documents & visas
It is the sole responsibility of the Guest to identify and obtain all required travel documents for the entire cruise vacation and have them available when necessary. Please check with your travel agent, government agency, Embassy or Consulate to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on your cruise. Guests without proper traveling documentation will be denied boarding. Travel restrictions for each destination country may vary according to a Guest's citizenship. No refunds will be given to individuals who fail to bring proper documentation.
Please select your cruise destination to verify all the required documents
WINTER 2023- 2024
Further updates on the documents required for Winter 2023-24 cruises will be published on the website soon, please visit our website to be always updated.
SOUTH AFRICAN CRUISES : MANDATORY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
MANDATORY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS
1. Original Travel Documents*
- Original Passport:
- South Africans require a valid passport. (We recommend 6 months validity)
- Foreign national passport holders require 6 months of validity (from the date of travel)
- Original SA ID Document is accepted for cruises not visiting foreign ports
2. A printed copy of the 2nd page of your cruise ticket(s) (barcoded page), one per person travelling
3. A printed copy of your Health Questionnaire completed a minimum of 6 hours before embarkation
4. Mandatory Travel Insurance: For your protection, an additional charge is included in your cruise fare for Mandatory Travel Insurance. This insurance is mandatory for all guests and includes cover for certain infectious or contagious disease (e.g. COVID-19) related risks, including cancellation, repatriation and medical expenses. Click here for more information.
- The South African Department of Home Affairs requires all children under 18 years travelling through any South African port of entry to have the following:
- a valid birth certificate containing both parents' personal details, including, at a minimum, their ID numbers and full names
- An unabridged birth certificate (Not required for cruises not visiting foreign ports).
- Children under 18 years old travelling without their parent(s) need additional documentation to show consent.
For more information, click here
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PASSENGERS VISITING SOKHNA (EGYPT)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CRUISES CALLING IN THE UK
- Please note Guests must present only valid passport with at least residual validity 3 months at their arrival in the UK.
- EU ID Card is not accepted, even in case willing to remain on board during the call in the UK.
*Travel requirements for Schengen guests extended to Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Cyprus, Ireland (Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland). If not Schengen passport holders but resident in the selected country please note that they must have valid residence permit issued by a Schengen country - not valid if under renewal.
FOR OTHER GUESTS
SAUDI ARABIA TRANSIT E-VISA APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS VALID FOR GRAND VOYAGES AND SPLENDIDA ITINERARIES ONLY
PASSENGERS BOARDING US CRUISES WHO HAVE VISITED CUBA SINCE 12th JANUARY 2021 SPECIFICATION
The USA Immigration has reiterated to all ESTA eligible passengers that, starting from the 7th of July 2023, those who have stayed in Cuba after January 12th, 2021 cannot travel to the United States simply through the Visa Free Travel Program (VWP) also know as ESTA. The mentioned VWP travel restriction also applies to individuals who have dual citizenship of a VWP country and Cuba at the time they apply for ESTA.
Passengers who have visited the island before 12th January 2021 are not affected by this measure.
Citizens of a Visa Waiver Program Country not notified about the issue, need to apply for a non-immigrant USA Visa well in advance: in case the cruise is imminent, guests can request an emergency visa appointment through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-it/niv including in the request the date and purpose of the trip, as well as the information contained in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection message received regarding the ESTA status.