Geneva, Switzerland – Update in connection to the tragic collapsing of the Morandi Bridge which occurred on 14 August in Genoa, Italy.
As a result of heavily disrupted traffic in the Genoa area, Guests are requested to take additional travel time into consideration. Alternative routes are available to reach Genoa Cruise Port, though traffic delays are likely on surrounding highways, including those serving the city.
Please note all our cruises from Genoa this weekend have been confirmed and Guests’ are expect to be present at the time of embarkation mentioned on their cruise ticket. We recommend you to take an additional 2 hours of travel time to get to Genoa.
The below practical information is meant for Guests travelling to Genoa:
Travelling into Genoa by road:
- Please take an additional 2 hours of travel time into account.
- Vehicles coming from A7/A12 motorway, recommended exit: Genova Est.
- Vehicles coming from A10 motorway, recommended exit: Genova Pra/Genova Pegli.
- We recommend you to tune in via radio on 103.3 MHz FM for hourly updates in English on RAI IsoRadio, or via the following website autostrade.it
- We advise you to strictly follow temporary road diversions or temporary traffic sign posts which may deviate you from your planned trajectory.
- If you are arriving by plane:
- If you booked your own flights, please take an additional 2 hours of travel time into account.
- If your cruise package includes flights, we will take care of your airport transfers.
If you are travelling by train:
- Please contact the railway company that issues your ticket and take an additional 2 hours of travel time into account.
If there are further updates about the traffic situation we will be posting them on this website, and we encourage you to regularly check this space.
While it may take longer to reach Genoa, there will be no impact for our ship operations, and our cruises this weekend are scheduled to take place as planned. Also, excursions in or around Genoa will be taking place as planned.
If the above guidelines have not answered all your questions, please contact our contact centre.