What is satellite internet access and how does it work?
Why is satellite internet access slower than a normal connection on land?
A number of things may interfere with this, like storms and large objects that can block the signal, such as steep mountains close to the ship or tall buildings in ports. This interference can result in slow response times or even the system becoming unresponsive.
When is the best/worst time to use satellite internet access?
It is therefore best to avoid these periods if possible.
Where is satellite internet access available on board?
Which satellite internet access packages are available?
How much does each satellite internet access package cost?
Can I change from one package to another?
Why is satellite internet access more expensive than a normal connection on land?
Is the price for satellite internet access the same on every ship?
The package details include an allowance of mb per day/per cruise. what is a mb?
- Browse Cruise Package
The "Browse Internet Cruise Package" keeps you connected with friends and family all cruise long. Text on messenger services, browse the web and send emails using your devices.
Please note that with this package it is not possible to view videos or access video or music streaming websites (such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Music, YouTube etc.) or video chat.
- 1 DEVICE: Ideal for guest that want to connect 1 device only and do not want to spend too much.
- 2 DEVICES: Ideal for couples that want to connect to Internet for checking email, chat and surf the web.
- 3 DEVICES: Perfect for families of 3, or for couples that want to connect 2 mobile devices and 1 tablet or laptop with no need to access to video streaming websites.
- 4 DEVICES: Perfect for families or for guests that want to connect up to 4 devices (e.g. 2 mobile devices, 1 laptop, 1 tablet) with no need to make video call or access to Youtube and other streaming websites
- Browse and Stream Cruise Package
The "Browse & Stream Cruise Package" keeps you connected with friends and family all cruise long. Text on messenger services, browse the web and send emails using your devices.