Formal dining in our sophisticated ships’ main restaurants is a truly magnificent experience, from the sweeping grand staircase to the inspiring designer décor, and from the crisp freshly-laundered tablecloths to the impeccably swift and attentive table service. But it is of course the quality and range of our culinary selection that makes the experience so memorable, with a variety of daily menus offering a superb choice of Mediterranean and international specialities.
Ensuring an exceptional experience, the dining arrangements are designed for leisurely pleasure with a choice of two sittings each evening. So you can savour every course in comfort and relaxed company. Simply state your preference when booking and we’ll allocate a table that’s reserved for you for the entire duration of the cruise. Aurea Experience travellers enjoy even more flexibility with our My Choice dining option. Everything has been designed to offer you the widest possible choice, so you can live every moment to the full, savouring fine food in close company.
(available in South Africa from 2016/2017): ‘myChoice’ is a new dining option available to Balcony/Suite passengers Guests only. This new feature allows Balcony/Suite passengers Guests to enjoy a more flexible schedule. A reservation is required each day for the panoramic Il Covo Restaurant (Operating hours of 18h00 & 21h00). For a group of passengers traveling together in differing categories including Inside/Outside/Balcony/Suite. The guests in the Balcony/Suite cabins can elect to forego the myChoice dining and request to be seated with their friends & family for the regular main or late sitting in the Main restaurant.
Your own table and dining sitting
- Chef’s Signature Dishes inspired by our Mediterranean heritage
- Gourmet international favourites, specially selected to complement each itinerary and the tastes of every nationality on board
- Inspiring designer décor, with restaurants on our largest ships extending over two floors linked by a grand staircase
- Dedicated Gluten-Free, and Vegetarian menus of freshly-prepared gastronomic specialities
- Pre-prepared Kosher meals
- Express lunches for active travellers booked on afternoon excursions, offering a special menu of tasty salads, main courses and desserts.
- Deliciously Healthy selection of the lightest preparations on the dinner menu of the day, consisting of one appetiser, one soup, two main courses and one dessert, showing the nutritional values of their scientifically-balanced combination of calories, carbohydrates, fats and proteins. They’re the perfect choice to make the most of the superb sports, leisure, wellness and beauty facilities on board!
- Guidance in your choices from easy-to-understand symbols showing everything from our fresh pasta dishes and vegetarian options to our Chefs’ Signature dishes.
- All menus offer a wide variety of delicious choices and include special sections dedicated to Mediterranean Suggestions, the Always Available and Desserts, accompanied by a daily choice of no sugar added desserts, a Bread Selection – freshly baked daily, and a Sommelier’s Suggestion.
- Full ISO 22000 certification of all food processes and food safety management from farm to fork.
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner